BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) and Micromax has entered an agreement on 18th March for the sale and distribution of 3G data cards. Micromax has launched data cards in the USB form factor. The product weighs less than 50 gm and can be used with both laptop and desktop.
The 3G card is compatible with some versions of Windows and Mac 0s. 3G services in BSNL are currently available in 11 cities, and the company plans to increase this to 700 cities in the next 2 to 3 months.
Data Card is currently available in Jalandhar, Ambala, Jaipur, Agra, Lucknow, Patna, Haldia, Durgapur, Shimla and Dehradun added. BSNL and another PSU MTNL was got the 3G spectrum last year prior to the auction for private parties.
BSNL Data Card Specifications :
- Protocol – CDMA2000 1X RTT
- Power consumption – =3W
- Weight – Approx. 38g
- Power supply – 3.3V/1000mA, from PCMCIA slot
- working frequency – 824MHz~849MHz/869MHz~894MHz(Uplink/Downlink) Dimensions – 88.4 mm (D) x 54 mm x 5 mm (H)
BSNL Data Card Features :
- Air interface: CDMA2000 1X RTT, compatible with IS-95 A/B
- Data Rate : Up to 153.6kbps
- Retractable antenna
- Perfect statistics of a current connection flow and the accumulative total flow (with statistic reset);
- Voice and SMS
- Supporting ROMSIM/R-UIM card
- Interface : (PCMCIA) type
- Large-capacity Phone Book
- Operating System supported : Windows2000/XP
- Support Incoming Calling Display, Ring Prompt, call Receiving while Data Service Online (for this function Call Waiting service must be activated)